Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Utah's land lease fire sale grinds to a screeching halt

Victory resounds for enviro-lovers: the Utah land lease wildfire has been halted. Read all about it here on my blog post. Pretty. Freakin'. Sweet.

Hooray for the little folks with the big mouths, the big stars who put their own mouths where their money is (thank you, Mr. Redford), and a country just fed up with rampant, mindless greed.

Now I need to get out and enjoy my newly undrilled public southern Utah lands....

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

yeah, hurray, and boo on all the ken salazar pooh-poohers. ken is a standup guy, and he did the right thing here.

Julie Trevelyan said...

He sure did. I admit to being suspicious of him with his staunch rancher's background...I often regard cow-lovers with a wary eye. But so far, so good, Mr. Salazar. He done did well.

Kate Niles said...

No kidding. I yelled in happiness at my poor car radio when NPR reported this. Been a long time since I'v done that.

Julie Trevelyan said...

Oh, so did I! I was driving, and heard Howard Berkes (love him) reporting on it from SLC, and whooped in the car. I think I turned a few heads from passersby on the sidewalk...

Also pretty cool that it's considered newsworthy enough to be mentioned on NPR. Get the public involved, drag things out in the sunlight, and that can help stave off the boogeymen (aka oil & gas drillers, etc.). Heh heh.

Kate Niles said...

And this coming from A TOP ADMINISTRATION OFFICIAL. I about fell over.